Saturday, June 6, 2009

She Lights Up My Life!

My little actress in training has started acting like she is scared of everything in her path. But the key here is that she is "acting". When she sees things like bugs, snakes (pictures only), and even sea shells while we were at the beach she holds her hands over her mouth, gasps like she is terrified and then looks up at you to see your reaction too. She may have others fooled, but she is not fooling me. She even has this little smirk on her face as she does it. Another give away that she is faking is the fact that when she thinks no one is looking she will approach ANYTHING. It is so funny and even though I think it is cute sometimes, I don't want her to start convincing herself she actually IS scared. So I have started making her conquer these, so called, fears (except the fear of snakes, cuz thats actually a healthy one).
The other night at the ballpark while walking around with Alexis, they spotted lightning bugs! Don't you remember being facinated by them as a kid? Well, after all the "I'm scared" drama was over, we caught some pics and a video of her holding one and letting it crawl on her hand. She even cried if anyone besides Mommy, herself, or Alexis was holding the lightning bug. (Sorry Mrs. Sharon!) The poor bug did not have a chance. It kept trying to fly away and we kept catching it over and over again. Raylee thought that was the funniest thing, to watch it fly away and then watch us catch it again.

Posted by Picasa

I can not believe this little drama queen is all mine. And she truly does light up my life!

No comments: