Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"My Child Will Never!"

She may kill me one day for this, but I just could not leave this out! After breaking our arrangement that she could "get down" in Hancock, ONLY if she did not run away from Mommy, Raylee made it quite clear that she did not like the results Mommy imposed. I then had to HOLD her. What torture...right? Well any of you who have ever had a strong willed toddler as I do, know what it is like to feel your blood boil while they kick and scream to no avail and every eye within 100 yards is on you like glue. I continued to hold my place in line, not going to give up my spot because we had been in line so long already, while my "sweet angel" kicked, screamed, cried and went limp over an over all while nearly tearing my clothes off. All happening while flashbacks of myself saying "my child will never" ran through my head!

After this went on for probably 10 long minutes in the store, we finished checking out and headed to the car where I hoped the light at the end of the tunnel would come... But, no! After many scoldings and attempts to put a stop to the madness, and another 10 or 15 minutes later, while going down the interstate, I decided I would be the one to give up. NOT GIVE IN! Just give up trying to make it stop and just relax despite the ear piercing screams coming from behind me. So as I breathed deeply and sang silently to myself, I decided to capture this precious moment on film to share with all of you!

Much to my surprise, this was the answer I was looking for. As I was filming (and yes, driving) I simply asked her, "Are you through?" And out of no where, IT STOPPED! She just simply said, "Uh huh" while nodding her head. I about died! If I had known that was all it took, I would have used those words MUCH earlier!


4 comments:

TateandLily'sMom said...

Glad you could join the club...I'll teach you the secret handshake later. My favorite moment was when I locked MYSELF in the bedroom out of exhaustion while Tate threw a doozy of a fit...the good news is they outgrow it eventually! Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Staci Bishop said...

Been there, done that! Good for you for sticking to it. One day when Skylar did that in the car, I just put my ipod in and jammed! I could see her mouth opening but I could no longer hear the screams coming out. It was bliss! Like Raylee, eventually she just stopped instantly. Nice!

myletterstoemily said...

how brilliant! so much of parenting is using your
good intuition!

come visit my blog for young mothers. i am an older
mom of five adult children.

Nikki Christian said...

I feel your pain! Logan is very strong willed too and I have those times where I just have to take that deep breath and let him have it out. He soon figures out that he's not going to get his way. It's exhausting! LOL...She's such a cutie!