Saturday, April 4, 2009

3 Weeks Later!

I wish I could say we are just getting home from the beach, but just as it sounds, that is too good to be true. The truth is that I am just getting around to posting, and even now I am doing it in shifts. Besides the busy schedule we have been keeping lately (work, softball, Easter drama practice, and just life in general) the main factor that slowed me down was the over 350 pictures I have had to sort through. So I just had to pick out some favorites and just start posting.

This first collage is just of Raylee and Kinsley. Raylee just loves Kinsley and her Aunt Tay Tay so much. They are so much fun to be around and even Raylee knows it. Raylee wanted Kinsley to be involved in everything she was doing. Even when Raylee would play in the water she would periodically stop what she was doing and just go and hug Kinsley's neck or give her a kiss. I think the most fun was the boggie board Tracy went and bought just to pull Raylee through the water on. It was a two person job though. It took one to pull and one to hold on to Raylee to keep her from falling off backward. Thanks Tracy and Kinsley for the entertainment help you gave to me as well! We love you guys!
Just being able to watch Raylee enjoy the beach was awesome. The only thing that would have made it better was if her Daddy could have been there to see it too. This was actually her second beach trip, but she wasn't even walking yet the first time, so this one was the first time she was able to enjoy it for herself. She was scared for about the first, oh, 2 minutes, which surprised me, and then she became WAAAY to brave. She would have just run right off into the ocean if I had let her. I had to stay close at all times. Thank God, (literally) for the little strip of water that had pooled up along the edge of the dry sand. It ran the lenth of the beach and the water would wash up and refill it from time to time throughout the day. I would not have made it without it. That is where she spent most of her time. She started off the first day telling the ocean "NO, NO" when it would wash up on her feet. Then she shifted to telling me "NO, NO" when I would pull her away from the crashing waves. But by the last day she had it down pat. She would run toward the ocean and through the little section of water, then slow down and say "NO, NO" to the ocean before turning to run through the pool again.


Here we all are at LuLu's. And of course, the stranger taking the picture could care less if the child is looking or not. Still a great picture though. Had so much fun ya'll, can't wait to go back.












No comments: