Monday, December 29, 2008

Tubes Today

Raylee had tubes put in her ears this morning. It was such an easy process, I could not believe it. She was only away from me for about 20 minutes and it was all over. Everyone had told me that it was very quick, so I don't know why I was so surprised when the doctor came to tell us it was over after she had only been gone for about 8 minutes. I hope and pray that this will solve our ear issues. She has had 6 ear infections just this year and 5 of the 6 have been since June. She had one on Thanksgiving and then another one Christmas too. It has been a great year but we are planning on an even greater year in 2009 without ear infections.

I did not get any pictures at the hospital, I just can't bear the thought of taking her picture when she is unhappy. Anyway, she is feeling fine now. We got back home at about 8:30 this morning and she took a 3 hour nap (been up since 5:30) and has been playing ever since. It was actually about 5 hours later when we found this. Raylee thought it was hilarious. We finally got rid of it after she has stuck it on everything in site. Thanks to everyone for your prayers.


1 comment:

The Pickens Family said...

Tubes were a life saver for us. John Michael had them put in when he was 9 months old. He had 8 ear infections 5 months. After the tubes, he was a totally different child. They just feel better. I hope you have the same experience. She's precious!! :)