Thursday, November 13, 2008

15 Month Checkup



Another doctor visit, but this time just for a checkup. It didn't matter what we were there for, Raylee still wanted no part of it. She started by being very clinging just while we were sitting in the waiting room. Then as we walked down the halls to the exam room she started with just a little whining. And then of course all heck broke loose when the nurse came into the room. Just trying to weigh her was an ordeal. She would not let go of me so that I could sit her on the scale. The nurse suggested that I leave Raylee with her and that I go back to the exam room and maybe she would ease up a little. Well, she got weighed (24 lbs and 5 oz), but she never eased up. I could hear her screams echoing throughout the entire doctors office. I just laughed to keep from crying myself. I love my little drama queen!
So after finally calming down and sitting still in my lap for a little while (which never happens), I think she forgot where she was. She got down in the floor and started playing with everything in the room. She played in these empty cabinets for a good while before Dr. Sahlie came in and it all started again! She did not even want her to listen to her chest, she kept pushing her hand away. I don't know how Dr. Sahlie heard anything through the screams. And don't even get me started on the shots. All in all she checked out great. I hope to God we don't have to go back for anything before her 18 month checkup. Her and I both need some time to recover!

No comments: