Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First ER Visit!






We had our first and hopefully our last visit to Children's ER last weekend. Raylee fell down the steps at MiMi and Pop's house and I was so privileged to have been able to witness the whole thing (LOL). As you all know she is as busy as they come and she found the cracked basement door before I did. I found her just as she began to tumble (just out of my reach) down 15 hardwood steps to a concrete floor. As you can imaging, it seemed like she fell for an eternity. And everyone at the house was definitely rattled. I have replayed the horrible site over and over in my head. Feeling like such an unfit mother, I called the doc's office.

The nurse on call that I spoke with, after Raylee was quickly consoled, suggested that we take her in to be checked out just because of the length of the fall and type of floor. They ended up doing a CT scan of her head to make sure there was nothing unseen going on, and PRAISE GOD everything was normal. Surprisingly, the only bruise or scratch was this black eye that she so proudly sported for a few days. I knew she was hard headed, but this just proved it.

We have ALL recovered well and just thank God for protecting our baby!

No comments: